- Large Scale Optimal Transportation Meshfree (OTM) Simulations of Hypervelocity Impact
- Simulated 3-D oblique impact of a 440C steel spherical projectile on an Al-6061 plate
- 1.5 mm thick 6061-T6 aluminum target impacted with a 1.75 mm nylon cylinder at 5.6 km/s
- Computed least upper bound on the probability that the induced perforation area is less than θ.
- UQ campaign running across clusters at three National Labs and Caltech
At Caltech's Center, Predictive Science will be demonstrated by highly integrated experimental, computational, and analytical effort that focuses on an overarching ASC-class problem: hypervelocity normal and oblique impact of metallic projectiles and targets, at velocities up to 10 km/s. Learn more